Monday, January 17, 2011

Today We Remember FF William L. Henry Jr, FDNY

Today we remember William L. Henry Jr., Rescue 1, FDNY.

William L. Henry Jr., who was known as Bill or Buddy, had a galaxy of friends and admirers that stretched from the Ladder 24 firehouse on West 31st Street to the paddle tennis courts at wind-swept Jacob Riis Park in the Rockaways. He spent his vacations in places 
like Brazil, and his free time fixing up houses for people like his mother, Ethel. People would compliment his work; Mr. Henry tended to agree with them. "Yeah," he'd say, "it's a beautiful thing."

Outside of his family, his job is what he lived for. Below are messages left for Buddy in remembrance of his life:

It's a nice, sunny and hot day, Buddy. Just the way you liked it, Big Brother. My tears still flow. Love You Forever, Ellen
~ Ellen C. Henry

To my buddy, You were always in my corner with a wise crack or joke to make my day! Thank you for everything. Most will never realize your greatness but all who knew you knows you would not have had life any other way! Love you always! I'll always be your biggest fan!
~ Shavonne Baez

My heart goes out to the family and friends. May you know his passing was not in vain, but acting unselfishly, to save others. For this reason he will always be remembered as a Hero to this great country we live in. God Bless!!!
~ Veronica Ayres,Jackson, Michigan

Just today I purchased a bracelet with William's name on it. I want you to know that I will wear this bracelet proudly, and when asked about it I will tell everyone about William's bravery and how he lost his life doing what he loved which was to help save others.
May he rest in peace.
~ Marion M., Floral Park, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment